Saint John the Baptist Elementary's philosophy is to provide a well-rounded program by addressing the spiritual, academic, social, psychological, aesthetic and physical development of each child.
- We call our community – faculty, staff, parents and students – to model the ways and teaching of Jesus
- We collaborate with parents, the primary educators of their children, to develop the potential of each
- We educate students in a safe and nurturing environment.
- We provide an education that includes high expectations, academic rigor and discipline to promote
- life-long learning.
- We believe that each student is unique, and provide a variety of strategies for learning.
- We prepare and inspire our students to use their time, talent and treasure to serve others.
Schoolwide Learning Expectations
Students at Saint John the Baptist Elementary are:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Catholic teachings.
- Grow in their faith.
- Serve others.
- Demonstrate growth in academic skills.
- Display critical thinking skills.
- Use technology as a learning tool.
- Listen actively.
- Express written and verbal thoughts effectively.
- Work cooperatively.
- Show respect for self, others and the environment.
- Take responsibility for own actions.
- Use virtues in daily life.